This is an easy recipe that will be sure to please your family and friends throughout the holiday season. If using a frozen turkey be sure to allow enough time for the bird to thaw completely. For an extra delicious tasting bird, try a fresh free range turkey, your guests will be in for a wonderful treat!
Makes 12 -15 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 ½ – 3 ½ hours
Standing Time: 30 minutes
Herb Rubbed Roasted Turkey Ingredients:
- 1 whole turkey 10-15 lbs (completely thawed)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh sage (crushed)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Herbs de Providence
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 orange quartered
- 1 large onion quartered
- 2 stems of fresh thyme
- 1 stalk of celery cut into 3 pieces.
Herb Rubbed Roasted Turkey Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Place cleaned turkey on the rack of roasting pan. Rub turkey with olive oil. Salt the cavity. Blend all the herbs together. Gently lift the skin of the turkey and spread the herbs under the skin.
- Mix the orange, onion, thyme and celery together. Loosely place the mixture into the turkeys cavity. (This keeps the turkey moist and adds amazing flavor)
- Cover the turkey with non stick foil. (Place the foil loosely over the turkey)
- Roast the turkey for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until the temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.
Let stand for 20-30 minutes before carving. Prior to carving remove everything from the cavity and discard. Save pan juices for a wonderful tasting gravy.